Rivers Edge Statement of Faith
• We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, Word of God.
• We believe there is one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.
• We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ and in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death through His blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful humanity that repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Ghost. We believe that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation.
• We believe in the present day ministry of the Holy Ghost who indwells the Christian.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life, and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment.
• We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that all born-again believers, regardless of race, gender, or social class, are members of His body, the Church.
• We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfill our role in the Body of Christ, and serve the community in which we live. We believe the ministry of evangelism is the responsibility of the church and each Christian believer.